Welcome to Mendocino Travelers Guide!
Let us be your guide to the many pleasures of Mendocino County. Look through our digital magazine to find information on where to stay, where to eat, where to shop and more. Start from Page 1 and browse cover to cover; or use the links on this page to jump right to the many things we have to tell you about Mendocino County. Timeless communities and rugged natural splendor invite journeying in Mendocino County from coast to inland, north to south. You’re invited to experience our rural small towns, agricultural heritage, arts and crafts, and the pleasures of the table. As we like to say... put a little Mendocino in your life!
John Cesano is a celebrated wine writer, retail manager of McFadden Vineyards, and marketing manager for Destination Hopland. Down to earth, boisterous and not afraid to throw a little colorful language into the conversation, Cesano has lots to discuss. Recently returning from the California State Fair, he has every reason to be proud. “Over half of this year’s Golden Bear statues awarded at the State Fair went to Mendocino County winemakers,” he smiles.
Art by the Sea
The South Coast has emerged as a true “art destination.” Home to many fine artists and crafts people, a vibrant local art center, and a community of first-class private galleries in the town of Gualala’s Cypress Village Gallery District, the South Coast offers art lovers a full range of artistic options.
Escape from the Usual
People who come to Ukiah are seeking an escape from the usual. The beautiful scenery, the community of free thinkers, world-class cultural venues, outdoor recreation, and a beautifully restored historic downtown have created a magical place where expression is a tradition and a way of life.
- Historic architecture, rocky bluffs and sandy shores, a working harbor, unique shops and a great selection of restaurants and lodging.
- Fort Bragg, Noyo, Mendocino, Little River, Albion, Elk
- Beautiful seaside drives, dramatic headlands, an historic lighthouse, an active arts community, lodging from camping to luxury inns.
- Irish Beach, Manchester, Point Arena, Gualala
- The very heart of Mendocino Wine Country. Pastoral scenery dotted with friendly hamlets where good food and drink are plentiful.
- Navarro, Philo, Boonville, Yorkville
Russian River Valleys
- Mendocino's county seat and surrounding towns offer awardwinning wineries and breweries, a mild climate and Lake Mendocino.
- Hopland, Ukiah, Redwood Valley, Potter Valley
Looking for Mendocino Real Estate? Try the Mendocino Real Estate Guide!
- A journey from rolling valleys to lush forests and rugged mountains, through vibrant small towns, each with its own unique character.
- Willits, Covelo, Laytonville, Piercy